Friday, May 21, 2010

And The Problem Is?

This time, i'll be talking about what i dislike.

First off, a new and current annoyance i just noticed in these few days: groups with longs names. It goes on to repeat a short sentence so many times that i have to scroll down for a while just to get past it. For example, the "I'm Awesome" group. Why would facebook allow such a long group title? Shouldn't any detailed information be in the group itself? It appears that these are external websites that has facebook's like button. However there are groups who have quite long names and do show specific/useful/interesting information, like those of OMG Facts.
In the midst of writing this though, facebook has apparently fixed the issue by shortening what is being shown. Also, the "I'm Awesome" group has been reported as abusive. (: Unfortunately, users have come up with another way of spamming pages.


Secondly, the bookmarks. It used to be in a toolbar in all facebook pages that a user opens. Now it is only found in the homepage, which i find is quite limiting considering that bookmarks are for convenience. Having constant access would surely be better though it might slow loading speed.

Lastly, facebook is kind of boring. There isn't really much to do, yet it still takes up my time. I start facebook, play my games, check my notifications, read some friends' walls and check my newsfeed for what my friends have been doing or for interesting links/photos. Then i refresh my homepage, and check again. After a while, i do the same. And again. No idea why, guess its a habit. Which is why i'm starting to dislike facebook.
Now that i started my assignments with facebook as my topic, at least it isn't all that useless.

To end this, here's an interesting article to read, about why this guy hates facebook.

6 comments:

Ru Huan said...

facebook games are interesting and addictive. but when u look back at the time u used to play those games, it really is a waste if time playing them.. thats what i think about their games.

Wei Zheng said...

Facebook also has those stupid pages, where they have titles that gets your interest, and yet they will tell you to like the page in order too see it. I cannot stand that, why should I like something that I do not even know.

mingquan said...

Facebook is boring. I used to play bejeweled and find it real addictive but one day i decided to quit facebook games. It was difficult at first but now i don't even need to log into facebook.

Carl said...

true, but it was fun at that time.

yea those pages suck. when i realise that, i will unlike the page.

I still go in there with hopes of interesting things. lol.

Sarika Sivarajan said...

I still use facebook.And yeah it is true that its sometimes make me bore!!!!But its quite interesting to update the status each time and get the comments from our dears..Its nice to be in touch with our friends and make them know what we do and also comment on others status..

jinglin said...

The face book has so many interesting games and you still waste a lot of time to play it.